Thursday, May 8, 2008

Formal Writing Assignment

Dear Madam/Sir

I am writing to you regarding my application for position of general manager at the Whangaparaoa branch of Food Town.

My name is Clark Kent and I have been the owner of a clothing store in Rotorua for about 3 years. In total, I have over 6 years of work experience and have worked at numerous shops and supermarkets. My second highest position achieved was as Head Supervisor at The Warehouse in Rotorua so I do have quite a bit of experience in this line of work.

When it comes to my work ethic, I am generally regarded as being very diligent and hard-working, and I get the job done quickly and efficiently. I’m a no-nonsense type of guy and therefore prefer to take the leadership role in a lot of situations. I’ve worked hard and worked well in all my previous jobs in order to get where I am now, so I do believe that I would be well suited to this job and that hiring me would not be something that you regret.

Thank you for considering my application and I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Clark Kent

0 comments: