Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Shawshank Redemption - Personal Response

Well, here it is. My personal opinion of the movie, The Shawshank Redemption. As I said earlier, if you haven't already seen it, i highly recommend you do. It really is an amazing movie. This is the second time i've seen it, and like most good movies, one notices things the second time round that one missed the first time. My opinion, however, still stands that it's one of the best movies of all time and one of my personal favourites. It really made quite a deep impact on me when i first saw it and i doubt that it'll ever lose that effect on me. The storyline itself may not be the most original in a way, although the exact details and the way that it links up with life is what makes it so unique and truly outstanding as a film.

The story follows a man who was falsely accused of murdering his wife and her lover and sentenced to serve two back-to-back life sentences. He ends up at Shawshank prison where he makes new friends and ultimately breaks out of the prison. I won't give away all the details as that would ruin the film for those who haven't seen it, but I will however say that the life lessons, and many of the quotes one can take from the film, are very valuable in life and the movie should make a very positive impact on one.

Friendship, courage and determination are some of the main themes explored in this movie, but if one looks closer you can gain a lot more from it. I really enjoy watching it and believe that we can all learn a lot about ourselves and life in general from it.

0 comments: